Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Upside Down Daisy Hat

I don't love finishing my hats. To me, the WORST part of making a hat is weaving in all the ends and attaching any embellishments. I was still shocked, however, to open my knitting bag (okay, so I really dumped the contents on the floor so that I could use the bag for something else) and find a slew of unfinished projects. One of said projects was this hat:



I spent the next hour making petals for the upside down daisy. (No wonder I hate this part!)




And finally weaved in my ends and placed the petals on top.




I guess it was worth the extra couple hours of work!


NOTE: The pattern for this hat comes from the book "Itty Bitty Knits" which is pretty much the best baby hat book of all time. I made my petals 4 rows longer than the pattern called for and ended up only needing 5 instead of 6.

No comments: