Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hair Bow Board

Last week I was driving and saw this framed picture in someone's GARBAGE pile.



I thought to myself. "I can do something with that!" The truth is that I've been wanting to make a hair bow board and I really didn't want to buy a frame. (Isn't it much cooler when it DIDN'T cost any money??)

So yesterday, after buying spending $3.50 on batting from Hobby Lobby, and only using 1/4 of it, I spent a couple hours making this:


Seriously $3.50 was all I spent. I pulled out all the staples from the back that were holding the picture in place and scrapped the picture and glass. I used the cardboard backing as my base for two layers of batting and then a fat quarter that a friend gave me. Did I mention that I duct taped the entire thing in place? Seriously! (I think I used half a role!! haha.) After sanding the lovely gold off the frame, I painted it with acrylic paint because that's what I had!! I'm thinking about doing a coat of poly on the top to give it a bit of shine, but that's for another day!

This was my bow storage before:

And here it is after:



I like it much better now!!

No comments: